EXCLUSIVE: Man killed by pet cat bite…Four years later, flesh-eating bacteria enter bloodstream after nip on adopter’s toe.

  • In 2018, Henrik Krigbaum Plattner adopted a cat and a kitten from a shelter.
  • When he tried to move one of the cats, he was bitten and his hand was swollen
  • Doctors had to amputate the finger, but they could not stop the spread of the disease

A Danish man who was bitten by a cat four years ago died from flesh-eating bacteria in his blood.

Henrik Kriegbaum Plattner In 2018, he adopted a cat and kitten from the shelter, and one of the cats was bitten on the index finger after trying to move it.

He thought nothing of it until he realized that within a few hours his hand had swelled to twice its size.

He called a doctor and was told to wait until the next day, and after many consultations he was admitted to Kolding Hospital in Denmark.

Henrik Krigbaum Plattner, who was bitten by a cat four years ago, died because the flesh-eating bacteria had infected his blood.

He was hospitalized there for a month, during which he underwent 15 operations.

But four months after the operation, the finger still did not work properly and the doctors decided to amputate it.

However, the 33-year-old’s health began to decline, and his mother told local media: ‘His health was very volatile.

His immune system was weakened, he had pneumonia, gout and diabetes.

The cat has bitten into the blood vessel, and when the cat bites and pulls out the tooth, the hole closes and the bacteria spreads.

In the months after the infection spread, the doctors had to amputate the finger

In the months after the infection spread, the doctors had to amputate the finger

Since the wound was closed immediately after the bite, the bacteria entered the blood through the veins and remained in the body.

Since the wound was closed immediately after the bite, the bacteria entered the blood through the veins and remained in the body.

Tissue infections in cat bite wounds are commonly caused by a pathogen known as Pasteurella multocida.

In some cases, this can lead to a rare bacterial infection called necrotizing fasciitis, which is sometimes fatal.

Because the wound was closed immediately after the bite, the bacteria entered his bloodstream through the vein and stayed in his body where they began to spread.

Plettner’s family said he died in October, but they’re now publicly urging others to take cat bites more seriously.

The man’s widow Desiree said: ‘We knew he was up to something bad.

However, we did not know that he was seriously ill.

Go to the doctor after being bitten, don’t think, oh, that’s just a cat.

‘Don’t take any chances.’

Plettner's family said he died in October, but they're now publicly urging others to take cat bites more seriously.

Plettner’s family said he died in October, but they’re now publicly urging others to take cat bites more seriously.

advertisement

.

ودجت أحدث المقالات للصفحة الرئيسية تظهر على الصفحة الرئيسية فقط

Comments

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *