Constipation is a seasonal problem for some people and it’s hard to even ease bowel problems here in summer. If you are someone who has been struggling with constipation for a long time, you may have tried different types of laxatives, adding fiber to your diet and other laxatives. When it comes to relieving constipation, you don’t have to go far and use some readily available kitchen supplies. According to nutritionists, adding good fats and oils to your diet will help ease stools and prevent constipation. (Also Read: Constipation Can Cause These Common Skin Problems; Tips To Treat It)
Research shows that the butyric acid found in gam helps relieve constipation and ease bowel movements. The use of butyric acid improves metabolism and helps with stool movement and frequency in addition to relieving abdominal pain, bloating and other symptoms of constipation.
According to Dr. Dimple Jangda, Ayurveda & Gut Health Coach, constipation is caused by vata imbalance according to Ayurveda, which is caused by excessive dryness and roughness in the intestines and colon, preventing waste from moving smoothly.
Ghee, good fat oil and other home remedies to get rid of constipation
Dr. Jangda shares some quick remedies that can help you with constipation:
1. Include good fats To lubricate your GI tract in your diet. Include oils like olive oil, avocado oil on your salads, breads and soups.
2. Avoid dry snacks and dry canned foods.
3. Reduce meat, eggs and seafood When they take too long to digest.
4. Include more fiber in your diet (especially steamed vegetables as opposed to raw as they can aggravate dryness).
5. Mix 200 ml of water with 1 tsp of clarified butter. Drink on an empty stomach.
6. Mix 200 ml of warm plant-based milk or dairy milk from a cruelty-free farm, add 1 tsp of clarified unsalted butter and use at bedtime.
Explaining its benefits in relieving constipation, Dr. Jangda said, “Ghee is a rich source of butyric acid and is an ultimate home remedy for indigestion. Adding ghee to the diet can be beneficial.”
Here’s how the liver can help relieve constipation:
– It lubricates the intestinal walls, which cleans the passage and prevents constipation.
– The combination of gaga and jagori helps to overcome stomach problems.
– The butyric acid found in ghee reduces constipation, bloating and other symptoms.
Follow for more stories Facebook & Twitter