To improve the food security of vulnerable fishing communities affected by the economic crisis in Sri Lanka.
• Disbursed USD 683 192 in unconditional cash transfers to 4 847 vulnerable fishing households (USD 141/household).
• Trained 13 implementing partner’s staff on the use of KoBo software for data collection and analysis
• Enabled 4 847 vulnerable fishing households to meet their immediate food needs, and purchase fishing tools and other essential supplies.
• Enhanced the skills of implementing partner’s staff in using digital tools for data collection and analysis.
• Enabled beneficiaries to protect their productive assets to improve their food security and self-reliance.
• Contributed to stimulating local markets and supply chains, thanks to the increased availability of cash.