Earlier this month, Huawei released a new software update for the Watch Ultimate and the company is now rolling out a second firmware for this ultra-heavy smartwatch.
Interestingly, the update doesn’t bring any additional changes to the smartwatch. But it only changes the firmware version to 184.108.40.206 from 220.127.116.11 and the package size is reduced from that huge size to 73.41 MB.
To update this smartwatch, please follow the instructions below.
You can download the second software update for Huawei Watch Ultimate through the Huawei Health app. Open the app and select the connected device. Following the firmware update. Note that there are some precautions you should follow to get a better user experience.
Huawei Watch Ultimate Changelog:
- Added navigation mode which allows you to automatically mark locations and manually mark points of interest and supports two return line features in addition to many other open space features. This mod also allows you to create custom images and dynamic videos from your footage.
- Added support for technical diving and scuba diving modes, as well as gas combinations and multiple cylinders. Different categories of reminders/alerts can help you stay safe in the water.
- Added apnea training and apnea test on diving equipment. You can customize apnea training courses to monitor your SpO2 and heart rate in real time.
- Added incoming call notifications for WhatsApp, Telegram, Line and Instagram.
- Added new phone option in Settings Connect to Bluetooth menu.
It appears to be a hotfix software update that ensures all these features are retained. Also, this could be a second release for other functions not installed in the first build.
Only Huawei Watch Ultimate users can tell about the difference. We wish them a successful software installation.