The Arkansas Department of Energy and Environment – Department of Environmental Quality (“DEQ”) issued a January 6 news release:
. . . Continue accepting applications for the Clean Fuels Funding Program (“Clean Fuels Program”) until March 15th.
DEQ has previously defined the goals of the Clean Fuels Program as:
- Reducing Nitrogen Oxide Emissions from Arkansas Ships
- Encourage the development of alternative fuel infrastructure in Arkansas
The program is supported by the Volkswagen Settlement Fund.
DEQ describes the Clean Fuels Program as a competitive funding opportunity for public and private entities in Arkansas interested in:
. . . Refurbish or replace eligible medium trucks, heavy trucks, or buses with gasoline or battery-powered technologies.
DEQ states that it is providing nearly $1 million in grants to eligible projects.
Vehicles are eligible for renovation or replacement funding if they are diesel-powered vehicles with an engine model year between 1992 and 2009 and fall into one of the following categories:
- Section 8 Inland Trucks and Harbor Dredgers (Trucks)
- Class 4-8 School Bus, Shuttle Bus or Commuter Bus(es)
- Sections 4–7 Domestic Trucks (Medium Trucks)
Here is the link to the news release.