For someone who can’t remember the last time their phone rang (or even vibrate this time, thanks to Do Not Disturb), knowing how to silence your Apple Watch was a big agenda item when first using the device. It turns out that there are a few ways to silence your Apple smartwatch, which we’ve listed below. In this guide, you will learn different ways to mute your Apple Watch Series 8 device.
Apple Watch Series 8: How to Mute (2023)
Below you will find several methods to mute your Apple Watch Series 8.
How to mute your Apple Watch
Muting your Apple Watch only turns off sounds on the device. Here’s how to do it:
- First, swipe up on the watch face to see the Control Center.
- Press the bell icon to enable silent mode. Once this feature is enabled, the icon will light up and slide over the dial.
- Note, if your Apple Watch is charging, you’ll still get touch notifications in silent mode, and timers and alarms will still sound.
- So, go to Settings and disable haptic alerts on Apple Watch or the Watch app on iPhone.
How to set a vibration-only alarm on Apple Watch
- On your Apple Watch Series 8, when you’re on the normal watch face screen, swipe up and turn on the red bell icon. So your Apple Watch will be in silent mode.
- This way, alerts and notifications vibrate instead of sound.
- Also, if you want to turn off the vibration to silence it completely, you should turn on Do Not Disturb mode by tapping on the moon icon (Night Mode).
- In “silent” and “do not disturb” mode, that’s the difference between one vibrating and the other.
That’s all you need to know about how to mute the Apple Watch Series 8. For more Apple Watch Series 8 tips and tricks, check out similar guides here. How to enable low power mode on Apple Watch Series 8And How to turn off playing on Apple Watch Series 8.